Winter is in full swing, ending officially on March 19th. By now, some of us are completely over it, especially those suffering the harsh snow storms, windy conditions, and extremely low temperatures.
The good news is that there is one month left for this season and here we have four of the best ways to enjoy your vacation or a quick break from it all.
There may be nothing more humbling than seeing a majestic whale breach the surface of the ocean just meters away from the boat you’re on. You can see this stunning sight for yourself in the winter, when thousands of whales migrate to the warm waters of Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta to mate and give birth.
Hit the Beach
Just because it is winter doesn’t mean you have to be cold! If you’re looking for a break from the frosty weather, head south to the warm beaches of Mexico. Walk the sandy beaches, go on an exciting adventure through a jungle or over desert hills, and most importantly, bask in the tropical heat. Our resorts in Cancun, Los Cabos, and Puerto Vallarta are the perfect places to go to escape the winter chill.
Is there anything better than spending a few reflective hours outdoors with nothing more than a friend and a fishing rod? Fishing is one of the most popular year-round activities and can be done at nearly all of our destinations. In the winter, you’ll be able to catch rainbow trout in the lakes near Whistler or the rivers near Telluride, mahi-mahi in Puerto Vallarta, and marlin in Los Cabos and Cancun.
If you still feel like enjoying the snow and cold temperatures, look at this: the copious amount of snow provides the perfect platform for a wide range of outdoor fun, including skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, and, yes, even snowball fights. You can do all of these things, and much more, at our resorts in Park City , Telluride, Whistler, and Jackson Hole.
Where to stay:
– Park City, Utah: The Miners Club or Park Plaza (snow sports)
– Telluride, Colorado: The River Club or Franz Klammer Lodge (snow sports and fishing)
– Whistler, British Columbia: Resorts in Canada (snow sports and fishing)
– Jackson Hole, Wyoming: Teton Club (snow sports)
– Cancun: Club Regina Cancun (Hit the beach and fishing)
– Los Cabos: Club Regina Los Cabos (whale watching, hit the beach, and fishing)
– Puerto Vallarta: Club Regina Puerto Vallarta or Villa Vera Puerto Vallarta (whale watching, hit the beach, and fishing)