This time, our celebration of Mexico’s culinary diversity features a recipe for ceviche. Although ceviche has many different variations depending on the region, today we feature the signature ceviche in the Guerrero state, which famous cities include Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, and Acapulco.
- 1 lb. Mahi-mahi or yellow tail filet cut in cubes
- 6.7 fluid oz. of lime juice
- 7 oz. of tomato cut in small cubes
- 1.7 oz. of white onion cut in small cubes
- 0.3 oz. of finely chopped seedless jalapeno peppers
- 10 chopped cilantro leaves
For the cocktail sauce:
- 5 oz. of ketchup
- 2.3 fluid oz. of orange juice
- Half of a head of garlic
- 1.3 fluid oz. of olive oil
Marinate the fish in lime juice for at least two hours. Chop the garlic and sauté it in high heat until it is tender. Allow the garlic to cool and add it to the ketchup, orange juice, and olive oil mixture. Drain the fish and mix it with the sauce and peppers, onions, tomato, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and serve with crackers.